Robert Bird Group
· About Us
· Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We maintain a one firm ethos and family culture which has allowed the business to operate across all barriers, always focused to achieve best for project, and best for our people.
· The Opportunity
· Due to continuing growth within the organisation, we are seeking to expand our Buildings team offering by employing dedicated resources in this area. Working with a high performing, service-oriented, collaborative team.
· We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Birmingham Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through expansion and have a growing portfolio of landmark buildings and infrastructure projects such as Olympia redevelopment, One Liverpool Street, Sydney Metro, HS2, One Leadenhall, One Waterloo development and many more.
· Undertaking structural engineering analysis and design
· Working with the production team to translate design into accurate and concise models and drawings
· Be aware of and assist with monitoring and control of project costs.
· Using tools to measure and actively reduce carbon impact on all our projects
· Conducting site inspections of designed works
· Assessment of existing structures
· Supporting the development of our engineering graduates
· Experience and knowledge
· BEng (Hons) or Meng (Hons)
· Structural Engineering experience with steel and concrete works
· Achieved Chartered status or working towards being chartered with IStructE, ICE or equivalent
· Why Work With Us
· Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
· How to apply
· All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
· To find out more about RBG, please visit our careers page at http://www.robertbird.com/careers/
· Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
· This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward CVs directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
To apply for this job please visit www.robertbird.com.