· About the job
Our client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. They enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
Their Engineering Division is growing fast and they’re recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer based at their Head Office in Warrington. This exciting new position is important to their growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to their clients. As a key member of the Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK.
Duties And Responsibilities
· Reporting to the Lead Engineer you are responsible for the Mechanical Engineering within single or multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
· Project predominantly reside in the UK, but you will be expected to carry out projects for Europe and potentially wider areas of the clients business areas
· These projects will range across the full lifecycle from concept to commissioning, in both green and brownfield applications
· The projects will vary in complexity and size, delivered for all the major sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Petrochemicals and Food)
· You are responsible to complete the Mechanical Engineering and Design as set out in the Project Scope
· You will support the Lead Engineer in delivering the Mechanical design within budget and planning. This includes change control and consistency of the Process design with the other disciplines
· You are responsible for the quality of the Mechanical Engineering
· You will participate in internal and external design reviews and present your designs to the Lead Engineer
· Depending on size and complexity you may be Mechanical Engineer for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
· You shall be able to deliver projects in a multi-discipline environment and be capable of coordinating all Mechanical engineering, with the other disciplines, EC&I, Civil and Structural, Process and Automation
· Experience with construction, testing and commissioning activities required by Engineering to support post design activities (preferred)
· Experience And Qualifications
· Previous experience as Mechanical Engineer, in single and multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
· Good knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, but you also have a sound knowledge of Piping Engineering and other disciplines (Automation, Civil, Structural, EC&I and Process)
· MEng/BEng in Mechanical Engineering
· Experienced with the production of mechanical specifications, scopes of work, calculations, drawings and schedules
· You responsibilities include: equipment type selection, specifications, bid evaluation, vendor document control, FAT/SAT/commissioning support
· Sound understanding of the current British and International Standards and piping design codes to ASME
· Have an appreciation with the main M&P design packages including, AutoCAD, Plant3D, E3D, Caesar II
· SC Clearance (Preferred)
· Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your engineering and design is accepted by the Lead Engineer, you delivered top quality and the client is satisfied
· You plan and organise your activities with the Lead Engineer. You understand the dependencies of the engineering activities within the mechanical discipline, but also the dependencies between mechanical and the other disciplines. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
· If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
To apply for this job please visit www.millbank.com.