KONGSBERG MARITIME LTD
· For over 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and the oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centres of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
· An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Marine business for the key role of Mechanical Design Engineer to deliver and expand our portfolio of marine stabiliser and steering products. From luxury yachts and cruise ships to merchant vessels and naval ships, our products have a reputation for in-service quality and reliability.
· Reporting to the Team Leader – Mechanical & Applications Engineering, you will undertake detail design of mechanical systems for marine applications (primarily ship stabiliser and steering systems). This will include all engineering activities from requirements analysis, sales support, specification and design, manufacturing support, testing, and through life technical support. The work covers the development of new designs as well as support for existing systems.
· You may be required to travel occasionally to visit installations for sea-trials, fault diagnosis and customer support.
· Key Accountabilities
· Engineering tasks associated with the production of original equipment manufactured products, predominantly ship stabilisers and steering gear
· Calculations to support contract, design and class society requirements
· CAD modelling, drawing and generation checking
· Customer and contact requirements analysis and specification
· Engineering support for sales and estimating
· Technical procedure and product manual writing
· Development and testing of new designs and prototypes
· The Applicant
· You should be used to working in a rigorous documentation environment and prepared to use your own initiative. You should be able to work with little supervision and contribute positively to the Engineering team.
· Process oriented with a focus on quality – right first time
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Friendly, cooperative & professional attitude
· Genuine team player with good interpersonal skills
· Well-motivated, independent self-starter
· Innovative & lateral thinker
· Strong work ethic
· Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
· Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
· Experience in design of mechanical components for steel fabrication & assembly
· Knowledge of manufacturing procedures, welding, machine shop, casting & forging techniques
· Knowledge of classification society rules
· Experience in manufacturing drawing generation for a production environment
· Experience in use of MRP / ERP systems
· Experience in 3D modelling and 2D design and drafting (PTC Creo 8 and AutoCAD)
· Knowledge of finite element analysis (ANSYS workbench 2019)
· Working knowledge of Mathcad Prime 8
· Experience in designing office calculations using a range of tools and techniques
· Good computer skills (MS Office, various relevant applications)
· Working knowledge of hydraulics an advantage
· Working knowledge of control systems an advantage
· Valid EU Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
· Problem Solving
· Planning & Organising
· Results Driven
· Customer Focus
To apply for this job please visit www.kongsberg.com.