JN Bentley Ltd
· Who are we?
· Here within the Anglian Water @one Alliance we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
· Now working in the latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7, we are working towards delivering an approximate £1.8bn programme of work until 2025. Are you ready to join us as we aim to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
· Working on a host of water and water recycling projects across the region to keep the water running, our Engineering team is made up of a diverse and enthusiastic work force who look to deliver industry leading solutions in a timely and safe fashion.
· To bolster our mechanical engineering capabilities and provide fresh ideas and perspective on our ways of working, we are looking for a number Mechanical Engineer to join the team over the course of the next year!
· What will you be doing as our new Mechanical Engineer?
· Working within a multi-disciplinary project team, you’ll provide the mechanical engineering technical capability and design expertise to develop and deliver water and water recycling TOTEX solutions.
· Key responsibilities:
· Lead the preparation and analysis of key mechanical options, for review and agreement with the client and key project stakeholders ensuring risks and gaps are mitigated whilst always upholding the Project Basis of Design
· Design calculations facilitating the sizing of mechanical, hydraulic, power generating and building services equipment
· Liaise with the supply chain to ensure the latest technologies are assessed and understood as part of the optioneering process
· Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
· Oversee the outputs for a number of processes including P&IDs and Data sheets. HAZID and HAZOP studies and mechanical input into commissioning plans, including proposed performance tests
· Support the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations and standards
· Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives
· Candidate Specification
· A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
· To join us on our quest for consistent engineering excellence, you’ll hold a minimum of a HND or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline and have extensive practical mechanical design experience in a similar environment. With a proven track record of designing hydraulic and mechanical systems and products, you’ll also possess a good understanding of modular build and construction processes and procedures. Your broad knowledge of electrical control, instrumentation and switchgear equipment and suppliers will allow you to make value added suggestions and make informed decisions on how to best proceed in complex situations.
· Working in a collaborative and integrated way, you’ll be acutely aware of how your work and actions impacts on not only your colleagues, but also our customers across the region. Working with accountability and integrity at all times, you’ll take personal responsibility but also showcase strong teamwork skills to assist in meeting project time lines. Always willing to safely try new approaches and processes, you’ll enjoy utilising new technologies where possible to drive efficiencies.
· If you are looking to bring your mechanical engineering expertise in a dynamic environment where you can truly add value, please apply today!
· Our vision
· A collaborative alliance, driving change. Empowering us to set global benchmarks and building a better environment for our customers. We strive to:
· Empower our people; Delight our Customers; Embrace digital transformation; Deliver brilliance.
· Our Values
· To bring environmental and social prosperity to the region we serve through our commitment to Love Every Drop we:
· Build trust; Do the right thing; Are always exploring
The Anglian Water @one Alliance. Seven partners, endless opportunities.
· Job Profile
· About JN Bentley
JN Bentley – part of the global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald – is a leading civil engineering and construction company, delivering design-and-build projects with clients in the water sector and beyond, across the UK.
We directly employ over 1,300 people across 9 office locations and hundreds of construction sites nationwide. We have a turnover in excess of £300 million, delivered by our water utilities design and build business Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB), our environmental design and build business Jeremy Benn Associates-Bentley (JBA-B) and directly by JN Bentley.
At JN Bentley we believe that when we care about what we do, we do it better. Because we care about our people – keeping them safe, making sure they are happy, enjoy coming to work and feel valued – we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and where the rewards are shared.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.