· Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
· We’re no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we’re committed to providing new solutions to today’s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
· Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
· We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team on our SM2 site in Ibstock, Leicestershire.
· The successful candidate will be providing plant wide maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
· Key Responsibilities Include:
· Promote the highest Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
· Utilise a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) to facilitate Planned Preventative Maintenance, Inspections, Service and Repairs
· Carry out mechanical maintenance and repairs to existing heavy machinery, potentially installing new plant, designing and fabricating parts/structures,
· Ensure rigorous application of continuous improvement tools and techniques across all areas of the manufacturing facility to optimise performance.
· Work collaboratively across all support functions, by building effective working relationships, to optimise factory performance.
· Essential Qualifications & Experience:
· Time Served, Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance (Mechanical), Engineering Manufacture (Mechanical), Mechatronics (Mechanical) or equivalent
· Maintenance experience and fault diagnosis of Pneumatics and Hydraulics systems
· Knowledge of Welding / Basic Fabrication
· Computer literate in MS Word and Excel
· Knowledge of basic continuous improvement tools and techniques
· Good knowledge of current Health and Safety Law and best practice application within a manufacturing environment
· Please note, it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.
To apply for this job please visit app.vacancy-filler.co.uk.