· Apprentice Mechanical/Combustion Engineer
· Requisition ID: 42876
· Domain: Apprentices/Mechanical
· Job type: Standard
· Schedule: Full-Time
· Equans is looking for an Mechanical/Combustion Engineering Apprentice to be based at our Benton Lane office in Newcastle for our ETS department. This will include working onsite 40 hours per week on a permanent basis. On offer is a competitive salary, professional development and benefits package.
· General Overview:
We have an exciting opportunity for a committed and professional individual to train and develop into a highly skilled Mechanical/Gas Safe Engineer. Working on a prestigious portfolio of customer properties predominantly located in and around Durham City area. This role will be working/training and learning on a wide variety of commercial and domestic gas appliances and all other associated equipment (pump sets, pressurisation units, BMS, valves and pipework etc).
· For this role you will be required to:
• Complete training package to Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Plumbing & Heating Technician qualification.
• Attend College to develop your knowledge and skills to be able to apply on the job.
• Provide reasonable assistance to an experienced/qualified engineer and other members of the mechanical team.
• Questioning, learning, and taking on board the practices and processes being completed by the engineer.
• Ensure compliance with all Company Health & Safety regulations & instructions, develop your understanding of Health & Safety legislation and relevant environmental legislation through completing all necessary training.
• Complete Domestic Gas Safe qualifications plus Manufacturer Training leading to Commercial Gas Safe qualifications.
• Liaise with all stakeholders (Customers & colleagues) building positive relationships.
• Manage your PPE, ensuring you have access to every day.
• Support the needs of the business, demonstrate commitment and flexibility, by working a reasonable amount of overtime as and when required.
• Act as a brand ambassador for Equans
· The scope of equipment to be worked on throughout the apprenticeship will include but not be limited to the following:
• Domestic Gas Appliances from 18kW servicing and repair.
• Commercial Gas Heating and Hot Water Appliances up to 2MW servicing and repair.
• Pipework and plumbing PPM, repair and replacement.
• New Gas installations.
• Pumps PPM, repair and replacement.
• Building management systems.
• Control systems.
• You will live in the Durham area.
• Full clean driving licence would be desirable.
• GCSE Mathematics, English Language, and a Science based subject GCSE at Grade C/4 and above.
• Can demonstrate the following:
• Good communication & Interpersonal skills
• Recognises the importance of customer care.
• Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in developing an aptitude in mechanical/electrical and Gas Safe practices.
• Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in logical and problem solving.
• Is willing to be flexible.
· What can we offer you?
· On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
· 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
· Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
· Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
· Gym membership discounts
· Cycle to work scheme
· Holiday purchase scheme
· 2 corporate social responsibility days per year
· Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
· Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
· Access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Persons Network) and our Disability Network
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
· Who are we?
· Equans is a world leader in energy services with nearly 100,000 employees working in more than 50 countries, with an annual turnover of over 17 billion euros.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.equans.co.uk.