Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
Starting salary: Competitive £18,500
Duration: 4 years
Wight Building Materials are the Island’s leading producer of construction materials from aggregate, concrete and concrete products through to asphalt and recycling. We are part of a joint venture between 2 national companies – Aggregate Industries and Eurovia.
Working in conjunction with Aggregate Industries we are proud to offer a 4 year tailored Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship; this exciting opportunity will allow you to train as an Mechanical Engineer and become one of the Team Leaders of the future, as well as playing a key role to drive a sustainable future for our industry.
Together with invaluable commercial and practical experience, you’ll gain several academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time with us, which are fully paid for, including:
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
● Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development
We work with Make UK for our Engineering apprenticeships who have state of the art facilities based in Birmingham, meaning you will be required to travel to their site for training on a regular basis.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to expand your skill set by attending varied courses. These are organised by our Company’s talented Learning and Development Team who are known to deliver top-class training to develop the leaders of the future.
What will I do?
Whilst on site you’ll be given a tailored training plan to work through, supported by both your allocated Mentor and your Manager. On a day to day basis you’ll be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Our overarching Company value is Health and Safety (H&S) and to assist you in understanding this value, we require our apprentices to complete a number of H&S related courses.
Typical placements could include:
● Learning the principles of engineering both academic and practical
● Repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment
● Following all relevant Company, Health and Safety & Quality procedures and processes
● Working with a team of mechanical fitters, who will teach you how to operate and
maintain the a range of equipment
● Preventative maintenance tasks as per schedule
● Assisting work managers with electrical problems at their sites
● Reporting any unsafe plant or operations to your line manager
What you’ll need
Our minimum entry requirements are:
● 5 GCSEs Grade A*- D or 3-9, including Mathematics, English Language and Science
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Aggregate Industries does not offer visa sponsorship for apprenticeship roles.
What you’ll get
● A competitive starting salary, with annual pay rises
● Competitive pension and 33 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays)
● Career development and support from day one
● Opportunities to collaborate with a wide and varied number of functions across the
business and ability to learn new skills
● A dynamic working environment offering attractive working conditions
● We’re a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, ideal for anyone with an interest in protecting our environment
To apply for this job please visit aggregateindustries.teamtailor.com.